Friday, November 16, 2007

SUDDENLY....SCI-FI / GEEK OUT!

For some reason, last night I vaguely remembered this low-budget Sci-Fi show from the 70's that I used to "like".... All the detail I could recall was that the characters wore white jumpsuits or something white, and one of the guys looked kind of like Doug Henning.
So guess what? I GOOGLED... and found the show: The STARLOST
It was from Cananda - 1973, eh?

Premise of the show:
In the year 2790 A.D., a giant Earthship, Ark, drifts through deep space, out of control, its crew having been killed five hundred years earlier. When the accident that killed the crew occurred, the airlocks connecting the ship's domes that housed the last survivors of the dead planet, Earth, were sealed. Cut off from the outside world, many communities simply forgot that they were on a spacecraft. They accepted that their world was fifty miles in diameter and the sky was metal. Content with their lot, no one knew that their world was in grave danger. Without a crew at the helm, the Ark was on a collision course with a sun.
Check out this website for more info: http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/star.html

I guess was in a sci-fi state of mind because I had just gone to the movies with my friend Linda - we saw STAR TREK - The Menagerie... on the big screen remastered in HDGEEK OUT!
I only ranked 14.99014% on the Geek Test = "Geekish Tendencies"

1 comment:

Monbert said...

I just want to point out that this is your second blog entry that mentions white jumpsuits.

Do you secretly love white jumpsuits?